Monday, February 11, 2008

Nooo! Don't do it!! *Smack* O_O

So this last Thursday, our church team had a basketball game (Yippee!). I LOVE basketball. Love it, love it, love it. Anyway, I think our coach Kristen was having some trouble, so I only got to go in for the first half for a VERY short time. Meh, oh well. I was playing the beautiful game of basketball, and I was being my vicious self, so--as always--I end up on the ground. In which Kristen replies, "Megan, everytime I look up you're on the ground!" It was HILARIOUS! It was so well timed I couldn't help but laugh my butt off. I was laughing so hard I had to force myself to keep playing the game. ^_^

So I got taken out, and then not long after, half time came. I decided that because I hadn't really warmed up at the beginning of the game, I'd warm up then. I'm warming up, and as I'm jumping to do a lay-up, one of my girls moved to RIGHT WHERE I WAS GOING TO LAND. It was terrifying. I didn't know what to do so I tried to readjust in midair--not a good idea, ladies and gentlemen--and I ended up coming down on my foot wrong so it rolled my ankle sideways. Then I heard *crunch*. OWIE!! I just crumpled on the ground and, honestly, I wanted to scream. But I couldn't! I couldn't cry, I couldn't talk, I couldn't scream, nothing. I was helpless. I was carried over to the record table to sit there and ice my foot. I wasn't able to go back into the game so I just sat and watched. MAN, that ankle hurt! But as I was watching, I thought, "wow! Mallory is doing awesome!" I mean, she may not be the best ball handler, and she has trouble shooting, but she was getting all of the rebounds. It was so cool. She probably got more than our team combined. She was on fire! I was yelling at her that she was doing amazing and to keep going. Our team ended up smoking the other one. It was thirty-something to twenty-something so we didn't do bad at all. But I think the biggest part was because Mallory would get the rebounds and then pass it off to someone who could shoot and dribble. It was a very good plan. ^_^

But I went to the doctor's on Friday and found out that it wasn't broken. HOORAY! I didn't think it was broken, but you never know. I sure couldn't walk on it and it was a gigantic bruised THING. It was disgusting. Yuck.

So that's my incredible tale! I guess the moral of the story is, is that you shouldn't try to readjust your body in midair. It doesn't work. Just mow down the person in your way. >.>

The end.

No comments: